The third Thursday in November marks the Great American Smokeout Challenge where people who smoke are encouraged to quit for 24 hours in hopes they will continue for the rest of their lives.
Mark your calendars for Thursday, November 16th, 2017 and encourage those around you to quit for good.
What can you do to help?
- Create a quit kit and fill it with hard candy/mints, gum, water bottle, stress ball, and inspirational quotes. Be creative!
- Support the individual with resources, the Delaware Quit Line- 1-866-409-1858 or the American Lung Association – 1-800-586-4872
- Build a support network & provide encouragement
- If you work for an organization, hold a table event or health fair with information about quitting smoking
- If you work for an organization, invite a guest speaker to talk about the quit smoking process